miércoles, 2 de septiembre de 2009

Visible spent

Expressions / Phrases
  • Orchard. Plantación. A planting of trees or shrubs maintained for food production. Una plantación de árboles o arbustos mantenidos para producción de alimentos.
  • The lessons were not planned and that put me off. Las lecciones no estaban planeadas y eso me alejó.
  • Del Potro looked visibly spent today. Del Potro lució visiblemente agotado hoy.
  • Usain Bolt ran the 100 meters in a stunning time of 9.58 seconds. Usain Bolt corrió los 100 metros en un tiempo asombroso de 9.58 segundos.
  • Aware of his time, he slapped his chest and loped 100 more meters. Enterado de su tiempo, se dió palmadas en el pecho y trotó 100 metros más.
  • Bolt shattered the 100-m world-record. Bolt pulverizó el récord mundial de los 100 metros.
  • He is seeking out a place near the lake to the creature to survive. Está buscando un lugar cerca al lago para que la criatura sobreviva.

2 comentarios:

qfreed dijo...

Usain Bolt ran the 100 meters in a stunning time of 9.58 seconds. Usain Bolt corrió los 100 metros en un tiempo asombroso de 9.58 segundos.

I thought Spanish used commas where we use decimal points. Not true with decimal fractions? (9,58)?

Pablo dijo...

I opened my Excel and it didn't let me enter 9.58 as a value, I had to use 9,58. I see the economic indicators are presented using comma in 'El Tiempo' and period in 'El Espectador' newspaper. It seems at school kids use commas. I think the majority uses commas. I prefer periods. Thank you.