domingo, 12 de octubre de 2008

She is only after your money.

Vocabulario
  • Outage. Una suspensión de operación. The provider assures that the outage should be no longer than 20 minutes. El proveedor asegura que la interrupción no debería ser mayor de 20 minutos.
  • Blackout. Apagón. In Samaniego blackouts are common. En Samaniego los apagones son comunes.
  • Pensive, thoughtful. Pensativo.

Expresiones
  • Recuerdo como si fuera ayer. I remember as it were yesterday.
  • Yo no me limo las uñas. I don't file my nails.
  • El no te quiere, solo está detras de tu dinero. He doesn't love you. He is only after your money.
  • Me siento incómodo cuando no tengo Internet. I feel ill at ease when I don't have Internet.
  • ¿Crees en el más allá? Do you believe in the beyond?
  • Todo saldrá bien. Everything will turn out well. Everything will come out well. Everything will work out (well – optional).
  • Marta es una muchacha inquieta. Marta is a reckless girl.
  • Ella es difícil de complacer. She is hard to please.
  • Un cruce entre un canguro y un sapo. A cross between a kangaroo and a toad.
  • No gano mucho, apenas para sostenerme. I don’t earn much, just to get by.
  • No tenía mucho dinero, me las arreglé como pude. I didn't have much money, I got by as I could.
  • Las apariencias engañan. Appearances are deceiving. You can't judge the book just by its cover.
  • Piénsalo bien y mañana me avisas. Think it over and tell me tomorrow. Lo voy a consultar con la almohada. I'm going to think it over.
  • Rodarán cabezas. Heads will roll.
  • Estamos al aire. We are on air.
  • No voy a hacer el ridículo. I’m not going to make a fool of myself.
  • Necesito investigar ese asunto (sin ser un detective). I need to look into that matter (not being a detective).
  • Ya verás. You will see.
  • Tu corbata está un poco apretada, aflójatela. Your tie is a bit tight, loosen it. Tu corbata está un poco floja, ajústatela. Your tie is a bit loose, tighten it.

No hay comentarios.: